Easy Pepper Steak Recipe With Sirloin Tips
Sirloin tips are used in this pepper steak recipe, along with bell pepper, onions, and optional stewed tomatoes. This popular dish is delicious over rice or noodles and makes a fabulous family meal.
- 1 pound sirloin tips (cut into serving-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (halved)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- Optional: 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Steps to Make It
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Heat oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium-low heat.
3. Sear the beef, stirring, until browned – about 10 minutes.
4. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Add beef broth to the beef mixture and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer the meat is tender – about 25 minutes.
7. Add the stewed tomatoes and green bell pepper; cook 10 minutes longer.
8. Combine the cornstarch, water, and soy sauce in a small bowl; whisk until well blended.
9. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the meat mixture.
10. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes longer. Remove garlic halves.
11. Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.